Date: Tuesday 14th August 2018, 10am – 3pm
Venue: Huntly Fire Station, Buckleys Lane, Huntly (am); and Bendigo Creek Streamside Reserve, Millwood Rd, Huntly (pm)
Free event; morning tea and light lunch provided. Suitable for landholders large and small, land managers, landcarers and students.
- Workshop will cover:
- Impacts of rabbits, community obligations, compliance considerations
- How, why and where of the K5 virus
- RabbitScan App training – a fantastic community mapping/monitoring tool
- Rabbit control techniques – how, when and why of baiting/ripping/fumigation
- The importance of community collaboration
- In-field RabbitScan App demonstration
- Fumigation demonstration
- Peter West, NSW DPI Invasive Species Officer, National Coordinator of FeralScan
- Neil Devanny, Victorian Rabbit Action Network board member, Leaps and Bounds Learning Network mentor
- Jessica Seidel, Agriculture Victoria
RSVPs essential by Friday 10 August: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Supported by funding from the Victorian Rabbit Action Network.